This was my first #SUGCON EU. Even though it was only few days, it was an excellent event. This year SUGCON Europe took place in London, capital of Great Britain. I travelled from Houston, Texas. 9 hour flight with United Airlines, arrived a day before the Conference, took few photos of the city.
It all started with Registration and Sitecore Certifications Exam.
First day was opened by Mark Frost the CEO of Sitecore, with a #sitecoreSelfie
Opening Keynote was by Donovan Brown from Microsoft. He talked about DevOps. Showed how easy it is to use Azure Boards, as well as Azure Pipelines and Azure Repos and Azure Artifacts, to get started you can visit azure.com/devops
There were many great Sessions at the #SUGCON, but the ones that caught my attention were the #JSS Sessions.
JSS Immersion Session by Sitecore Front End Evangelist Anastasiya Flynn was really interesting. She went into the details about creating an event search page and shared some interesting and popular React Libraries.
She showed how you can debug your Sitecore JSS application in VS Code
GraphQL – Lessons Learned
React Libraries that were shared on this presentation:
- Git Repo: https://github.com/anastasiya29/jss-sandbox
- Blog: https://www.codealamodeblog.com/jss-sandbox/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnastasiyaFlynn
Another Interesting Session was by Adam Lamarre. Fun with Sitecore JSS: Exploring GraphQL
He showed a lot of cool demos with GraphQL and Sitecore JSS.
- Item Query
- Multiple Queries
- Activity Log
- Chat Room
I was really inspired by Activity log and Chat Room
- Github – https://github.com/erzr/SugconDemos/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/erzr
- Blog – https://www.adamlamarre.com/
Really cool session was by Jeff L’Heureux – 16 Tools for your Sitecore Tool Belt
He shared 17 tools for your Sitecore faster working experience. You can find all the links on his blog.
Also not to forget to mention SFF Tribute
- Blog: https://www.jflh.ca/2019-04-05-16-tools-for-your-sitecore-tool-belt
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jflh
What was announced in their session? Sneak peak of JSS 9.2
- JSS and SXA – Manage JSS apps with SXA
- JSS support for Sitecore Forms
- JSS Rendering Host
Now you will be able to create a JSS Tenant and JSS Site.
JSS Integrates with SXA, but retains JSS architecture, if you have been working with JSS, and FE technologies, and you are familiar with SXA the below bulleted list would make sense to you.
- SXA component library not supported
- Traditional Experience Editor (no toolbox)
- Theming/Creative Exchange not supported
- SXA Layout features won’t work in Disconnected Mode
- Yes all the awesome features of JSS!
JSS Rendering Host was introduced
Sitecore JSS Rendering Host, you will be able to hear about it much more during the Sitecore Symposium Orlando 2019
Congratulations to all the MVP Award Winners!
Thank you to all the Organizers of the SUGCON Europe 2019 in London, it was a great event.
You can find all the presentations and videos from the conference at the following link