What have we learned in the first day of attendance the Sitecore Symposium. Well first of all the main and the most interesting announcement is the Sitecore Experience Platform 9.
Well what does it offer us:
- Purpose-build Forms for digital marketers
- Federated Automation
- Sitecore xConnect
- Expanded xDB database support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Azure SQL
- New Marketing Automation build on xConnect with specific support for Personalization Commerce
- Greater privacy measures around PII data and GDPR
- Security features, with support for encryption at ret and in motion
- Streamlined Upgrades, Migration & Conversion tools
- Machine Learning algorithms “Sitecore Cortex”
Big Announcement was about the machine-learning. When Sitecore introduced Cortex
The next great thing was related to the xConnect. Now you will be able to import any data into Sitecore.
Of Course the Headless, something that I was very excited about. But unfortunately it supports react.js. It should support all the other frameworks soon. But the demo with react.js was simply great.
And of course there was information about the Agile and development and plugin approach.
Sitecore Experience Cloud was also discussed.
How about Sitecore and .NET core. It is all about the freedom.
I would like to say that overall I am very excited about Sitecore 9.0. It is already available on the (https://dev.sitecore.net/). Go get your copy.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask or reach out to me on slack @tmam and twitter @tmamedbekov.